What does it mean for you?
- Encode Closed Captions to any file or tape format using software only
- Export Closed Captions from your NLE system, DVD/Blu-ray Authoring system, etc.
- Embed Closed Captions into your Web content, Podcasts, Flash, QuickTime, WMV, etc.
- Extract Closed Captions from existing tapes, files, or live broadcast
- E-mail Closed Captions to your clients using CPC-pioneered caption file formats
- Edit your Closed Captions in a non-linear interface, with batch conversion and automated workflows
- Enhance your Closed Captions with true CEA-708 features supported by ATSC DTV
- Effortless Closed Captioning
e-Captioning - Further Defined
This revolutionary technology refers to the preparing and encoding of FCC mandated television and webcast video closed captioning and subtitle signals over electronic systems such as the Internet and non-linear video editing computer systems.
The amount of video editing, finishing, and distribution conducted electronically has grown extraordinarily because of the increased availability of fast broadband Internet speeds and inexpensive large storage mediums to video production companies. In addition, a wide variety of processes have been adopted into the video production workflow to accomplish fast delivery of time sensitive video material.
Because it is now federally required to closed caption video for television broadcast and webcast, a new more efficient way to comply with federal regulations called "e-Captioning" has been designed to allow video production companies to maintain their fast digital delivery of video material.
The developers of CPC MacCaption and CaptionMaker have introduced innovations to encode both standard definition and high definition video with the FCC compliant standards. These innovations make e-Captioning possible in the following ways:
- Closed Caption your video using your existing NLE system (Final Cut Pro, Avid, Premiere, etc.)
- No hardware encoder necessary
- Begin preparing your closed captions before you finish your edit
- Non-linear closed caption and subtitle editing
- Conversion of closed captions to subtitles and webcast formats
- Support for unicode characters in CEA-708
- Adding closed captions into the VAUX data of a DV stream (DV25 and DV50)
- Generating a CEA-608 compliant VBI graphic (blackmovie) for a non-linear workstation
- Adding CEA-708, CEA-608, and SCTE-20 closed captions into an existing MPEG-2 stream for SD and HD.
- Adding CEA-708 closed captions to a 10 Bit Uncompressed HD video (VANC)
- Decoding of closed captions on your desktop CEA-608 and CEA-708
- Standards conversion of closed captions (NTSC to PAL, NTSC to HD 23.976 and 59.94, etc.)
- Closed Caption Preparation for any resolution using a plain text file and low resolution proxy Quicktime, flv, or wmv
- Batch encoding of closed captions for any standard through GUI or Command-line interface.